1 Answer January 8, 2019
Major elements of political system are:
- Ideology: This constitutes an integrated system of beliefs and symbols and are meant to influence the sentiments of the followers. Different political parties profess different ideologies which are internalized by their adherents. Ideology may be based on political, economic, religious elements. In diffused societies political ideologies will have religious and economic bearings.
- Structure: Political structure is influenced by the prevailing (rulers) ideology and the values and the level of development of society.
- Process: Through the interaction between and within political systems emerge political processes. These are interactions between individuals and groups within the policy executive, legislature, judiciary bureaucracy etc.
- Function: Specification of different functions within the political system is a characteristic of a modern political system.
- Legitimacy Basis: For the state of exercise power and make the individuals submit to its authority, it must legitimize its power. The ways to legitimize authority, according to Weber is derived through traditional, charismatic and legal basis.
What is meant by a Modern Society and Political System?
A modem society is characterized by the following features. High per-capita income, urbanization and industriali...MoreAnswered
Discuss the Nature and Scope of Political Authority in Traditional Societies.
Political authority specifies the governing authority and defines the manner the power is to be exercised. It det...MoreAnswered
Describe the Traditional Societies as Political System.
The Traditional Societies has an element of political organization and some form of political centralization. Such societies ar...MoreAnswered
Define primary and secondary state.
When a state comes into being as a result of the evolutionary process from within, i.e. through endogenous growth, it is termed as...MoreAnswered
How do we define the scope of political authority?
The scope of political authority may be defined as the extent to which the ruler exercise control over the people's lives. The peo...MoreAnswered
Describe the method of informal control.
Usually the village council or an assembly of elders hold meetings to resolve a conflicting issue. During these meetings the issue...MoreAnswered
What types of Compensation System Normally Motivate the Executives?
Besides the normal basic pay of executives the following will be a good motivator: Incentive Plans: The term Incentive means induceme...MoreAnswered
What are the characteristic features of Executive Compensation?
A number of firm specific characteristics can be thought as influencing executive compensation. Earlier studies in the Indian context have used different charac...MoreAnswered
What are the basic principles of Compensation Administration?
The principles of compensation administration are: The enterprise should have a clear cut plan to determine the different...MoreAnswered
What is Akali Dal?
In Punjab politics Akali Dal has played and continues to pay a very dominant role. Akali Dal was in existence even before the partition of the country. Under le...MoreAnswered
Write a note on All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK).
The All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) was founded in October 1972 by M.G. Ramchandran who was Treasurer of DMK Party and also a...MoreAnswered