Goals of NPE 1986:
Education for All: Illiteracy hampers national development. Therefore, it was necessary to provide educational facilities to all age groups irrespective of sex, caste of creed. This gives rise to following goals:
- To universalize elementary education.
- To prevent the possibility of adult illiteracy in the years by reducing the dropouts in schools.
- To accelerate.non-formal education and make education reaches the remotest corner of the country.
Scientific and Technological Development: Scientific and technological development make education more cost effective through educational technology. For this it is essential to:
- Strengthen educational T.V. (E.T.V.) and audio programme capabilities and provide wider access to them.
- To improve science education in schools.
- Promote rural technology and appropriate technology to achieve economic development.
- Develop scientific temper.
- Acquaints students and teachers with the range of computer application and its potential as a learning medium.