List the factors that enabled Gandhiji to successfully mobilize the masses for freedom.
Gandhiji was able to communicate with the people and won public support despite problems like cultural and linguistic diversity and hostile alien government.
- Through identity with the masses and their aspirations: He made the people to identify themselves with a cause. He discarded his Western dress and dressed himself in the briefest of garments. By doing so, the people identified themselves with him and the cause he represented.
- Use of symbol: Gandhiji used the charkha (spinning wheel) symbol, which became the logo of the national movement, symbolizing self-reliance and people’s participation in the cause of the movement.
- Staging of events like the Dandi March: The Dandi March to make salt was a challenge to the British rulers and captured the imagination of the whole nation. The bonfires of foreign cloth was another such device, Gandhi used.
- Holding of public meetings: Gandhiji also held public meeting and communicated and motivated the masses.
- Writing of hard hitting articles in Harijan: He published a journal, Harijan, and continued to write articles focusing on problems of interest to the people.
Discuss the Emergence of Professionalism in Public Relations in India.
A series of events immediately after independence laid the ground for the emergence of Public Relations as a full-fledged professi...MoreAnswered
Prepare a note on Public Relations and Industrial Development in India.
Public Relations and Industrial Development in India. Before independence, the county relied on imports...MoreAnswered
Describe the Growth of Public Relations In India.
Growth of Public Relations In India. As a modern concept, the Public Relations in India developed with ...MoreAnswered
Write a note on Public Relations in Ancient India and British India.
There are evidences to prove that in ancient India, the public relations techniques of communication were instinctively used. Ther...MoreAnswered
Write a note on Matures of PR during World War II and Post World War.
Public Relations had developed as a matured and important profession when the World War II started. It had vast opportunities to g...MoreAnswered
Write a short note on Growth of Public relations in the USA.
PUBLIC RELATIONS IN THE USA. There are various factors which are interdependent and complex responsible...MoreAnswered
What types of Compensation System Normally Motivate the Executives?
Besides the normal basic pay of executives the following will be a good motivator: Incentive Plans: The term Incentive means induceme...MoreAnswered
What are the characteristic features of Executive Compensation?
A number of firm specific characteristics can be thought as influencing executive compensation. Earlier studies in the Indian context have used different charac...MoreAnswered
What are the basic principles of Compensation Administration?
The principles of compensation administration are: The enterprise should have a clear cut plan to determine the different...MoreAnswered
What is Akali Dal?
In Punjab politics Akali Dal has played and continues to pay a very dominant role. Akali Dal was in existence even before the partition of the country. Under le...MoreAnswered
Write a note on All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK).
The All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) was founded in October 1972 by M.G. Ramchandran who was Treasurer of DMK Party and also a...MoreAnswered