There are only two different sources of recruitment:
Internal Source: Internal source is from within organization and its employees.
External Source: Following are the external sources of recruitment:
- Professional or Educational Institution: Professional and educational are the biggest sources.
- Private Placement Agencies: Private placement agencies is a very big sources of all kind of people skilled, unskilled, professional and experienced people.
- Professional Bodies/Associations: Professional association is a right source for recruitment of professionals.
- Govt. Employment Agencies: A main source of unskilled workers.
Advantages of Internal Sources.
- Inexpensive System: It is the most inexpensive system of recruitment. Of the organization has the relevant data readily available.
- Motivates Employees: Internal recruitment motivates employees to perform well.
- Familiarity with People: Organization is well familiar with the employees.
Limitation of Internal Recruitment.
- Limited availability: Only limited number of employees are available for consideration.
- There can be conflicts: Internal recruitment can cause conflicts in the organization.
Advantages of External Recruitment.
- Ample and Wide Choice: It provides ample and wide choice for recruitment of people with right qualification.
- Open Process: It is an open process where large number of applicant and even future panel can be drawn.
- Provide Healthy Competition: External candidates with certain experience on joining the organization provide a healthy competition.
Limitations of External Recruitment.
- Expansive and time-consuming: It is very expansive and time consuming system.
- Discourage the existing employees: With more people being recruited from outside the existing employees feel discouraged and may not be able to keep their efficiencies.
- Discourages competition with in the organization: Recruitment from external source discourage competition with in the organization.
- Unfamiliarity with the nature of the organization: External being unfamiliar with nature of organization, may not feel at home while working.