National integration is a process of integrating the various and diverse elements of a national social system into a unified whole. The factors which threaten national integration are:
- Linguism: Since India is a multi-linguistic nation, language problem is are current phenomena. It has become a powerful source of political articulation.
- Communalism: This threatens the peaceful co-existence of various religious groups as one religious group tries to maximize its economic, political and social strength at the cost of the other groups. It goes against the notion of a secular state.
- Social Inequalities: Socially created inequalities e.g. through caste system, have a dis-integrative on the process of nation-building.
- Regional Disparities: Unequal development of different regions negatively affect the effort towards nation-building. It causes social movements and sometimes results in the demand for a separate state, e.g,. Jharkhand Movement.
- Mention some challengs of Nation building. Answered
Define a political system, power and authority.
A political system refers to a system of social relationships among individuals or groups organized around the exercise of power a...MoreAnswered
What is Poverty? Explain the Historical dimension of Poverty?
Poverty may be defined either as absolute or relative. Absolute poverty is insufficiency in basic necessities of existence. The no...MoreAnswered
What is Green Revolution? What has been its impact on agriculture?
Green Revolution is a process of change involving important biological and mechanical innovations in agriculture. HYV seeds along ...MoreAnswered
Compare the Kinship systems of marriage of North and South India.
THE KINSHIP SYSTEMS OF NORTH AND SOUTH INDIA In a Southern family, there is no clear-cut distinction be...MoreAnswered
What are the preferential rules of marriage in south India?
A person from one clan can seek a spouse from any other clan except his own. However, this choice is theoretical because of the ru...MoreAnswered
Write a note of Kinship system in north india.
KINSHIP SYSTEM IN NORTH INDIA Though kinship behaviour in the Northern zone changes slightly from regio...MoreAnswered
Explain the Erik Erikson's theory of Psycho-social Development.
Erik Erikson's theory of psycho-social development is one of the best known theories of personality in psychology. Erikson believed that personality develops in...MoreAnswered
What were the Shortcomings in Piagets theory?
The Some Important Shortcomings of Piagets theory. Problems with Research Methods. Much of the criticisms ...MoreAnswered
Explain the four cognitive processes in Piaget's cognitive theory of development.
Four Cognitive Processes are: Schemas: A schema describes both the mental and physical actions involved in understan...MoreAnswered
Write the characteristics of Authentic Activities.
The main characteristics are: Authentic activities have real-world relevance. Authentic activities are ill-de...MoreAnswered
What is Four Pillars of Education?
Four Pillars of Education. UNESCO is the UN agency that deals with education. It regularly held a special meeting with the nine count...MoreAnswered