What is the helping relationship skill of the group work?
The Helping relationship skill of the group work: The heart of the group work is the genuine care for the group members. Relationship will be more cohesive if the worker follows the following skills.
- Skill of Empathy: is the capacity to recognize feelings that are being experienced by another sentient or semi-sentient being. Someone may need to have a certain amount of empathy before they are able to feel compassion.
- Skill of encouraging: The member’s feedback which helps to respond to the worker’s explanation. It gives the opportunity to the members to ask questions and raise disagreements.
- Skill in describing the member’s role: It is, common tendency which group members can avail facilities rights and fulfill duties. The main job of social worker is to explain the members why the person is joining the group and what work will be assigned to him.
- Skill of active listening: It is where the worker tends to both members of the group verbally and non-verbally message. He can become good listener by clarifying and explaining things to the group members.
- Skill of exploring the member’s silence: It means he must be able to read the mind of the group members who are silent and also try to find the reason behind it. He must help the members to share the problems and become an active member once again.
- Skill of recognizing every member’s strengths: This skill helps the members to know and develop tasks in the group process. He helps the members in promoting the needed services and working for the welfare of the group.
- Skill in partialization and gradation of the problems: It means members can solve the problems which cannot be solved alone. Their gradation is needed. Priority must be given to a fixed group worker.
What is the Program planning in social group work?
Program planning in social group work: in group work process if a group worker wants his program to be of maximum value then, ...See moreAnswered
What are the principles of social group work?
Principles of Social Group Work: The group worker must understand the psychology of the group, must be able to conduct the kinds of a...See moreAnswered
Mention the types of group work groups in group work practice.
The types of group work groups: Groups are formed for a purpose. They are majorly classified into two types: naming treat...See moreAnswered
Highlights the theories of group work practice.
An enormous variety of theories exist about the social group work practice. Let us discuss some of important theories of social group work pra...See moreAnswered
What factors influence the formation of groups?
Factors of group formation are the interaction that a group offer to its members. Attraction is due to reasons of similarity between the group members...See moreAnswered
What are the various type of group in social work study.
Collection or organization of people is not called a group. Group is a number of persons regarded as forming unit on account of any kind of mutual tru...See moreAnswered
Write a note on Historical development of group work.
Historical development of group work Social group work and group psychotherapy has primarily developed along parallel paths...See moreAnswered
Explain the concept and definition of group work.
Concept and definition of group work: The definition of social group work is as follows According to Murphy, "Social group work is a ...See moreAnswered